Monday, May 25, 2015

A Homeschool Mom's Summer Bucket/To Do List

I don't know about the rest of the mother's out there, but most of my year revolves around my kid's education, tutoring three other students, and running a fine arts cooperative. That doesn't leave much room for me at times. I am finally at somewhat of a summer break and I intend to use it wisely.

 
Home repairs are high on the list for this summer. I am not very handy with a hammer so much of this list will fall on my husband. When you have an all wood cabin it seems like you are always replacing and repairing rotten wood. This weekend found us starting the process of replacing our wrap around deck with the front stairs that lead into the house.

 
Blogging and research. The blogging part I still do during the school year but it had fallen down to 1-2 posts a week. I would like to get back up into the 4-5 posts a week category. I guess we will see how that goes until I start running out of things to say. I am so busy during the year I have very little time for research and reading non-fiction. Last week we traveled to another city for a doctor's appointment and went to a bigger library which in turn led me to more non-fiction books to read and research for future goals.

 
I am a curriculum junkie! There I said it. This means I have shelves and shelves of materials that were either never used or utilized many years ago. These are the materials I really need to let go. So over the next couple of weeks I plan on selling off many materials. Many of these items have also come from my time on the TOS Review Crew.

 
A summer reading list. My stack of books on my bedside table keeps growing and growing and I make very little progress. In the past I could read for hours at night before bed. My life has become so busy and I am so tired that I read for a couple of minutes and then I am nodding off. With more time on my hands I plan to read more during the day to make some progress through this hefty stack before I can move on to the books I have on my shelves that need to be read as well.

 
Last but not least is some R & R. Rest and Relaxation. Swimming, exercise, and just plain laying around watching some television. Of course cuddled with my furry creatures.
 
What's on your summer Bucket and To do list?!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sounds wonderful!!

A Candle to Read By said...

We are facing the same thing. We have a store room in the basement that Virginia wants to use as a sewing room. I have come face to face with years of STUFF, lots of homeschool materials and books. I think it is good we're doing this for several reasons, but it is a JOB!