Sunday, August 3, 2014

When They Grow Up

 
In one sense it is so hard seeing your children grow up. Yet in another it is quite wonderful to see them spread their wings and fly. My oldest moved out almost two years ago and I have missed him every day. Even though he worked a full time job and was normally only home from dinner and to sleep I still got to get a peek into his daily life and share it with him. Now he has taken that next big step in life and bought his own home. He did this all on his own with no help from us. I couldn't be prouder.

 
Yesterday I took my mother and Grace to see the house for the first time. I think they were impressed because quite frankly he has a bigger house than ours.

 
These are his room mates which all seem to be very nice young men. One has been his best friend since high school. They had all the parents over for a little cook out to celebrate the new house. As proud as I am of him, I still miss my little boy and him being at home. I guess I will always feel that way.

No comments: