Saturday, April 10, 2010

Updates on Parent's Health and Today

As many of you know dad had a few TIA episodes about 6 weeks ago and has been recovering, 1 1/2 weeks ago he fell and hurt his back and I got a call from mom that he fell again today but didn't get hurt. We think something is quirky with his balance. Mom started her new chemo pill on Monday at the highest dose. The only side effects she is feeling so far is fatigue and redness and swelling in the hands and feet. She emailed her doctor and she is to stop the drug for a couple of days then start back at a lower dose. Going over tonight to spend some time with them and cook them dinner. Please continue to pray for them. They are also feeling pretty down.

This morning went over to a good friend's house and started Grace's costume for the Shakespearean Festival next month. I helped with cutting the pattern and fabric. I don't sew clothes so when my friend started sewing I mostly just kept her company. Hubby picked up the blueberry bushes, will be planting them tomorrow after church.

4 comments:

Kelly Rhoades said...

And what great company you were too! Come over anytime!Next time, you should bring your quilting or crocheting. We can sit and stitch at my house.

Jessica said...

They're still in my prayers!

Tanya Murray said...

It is an honour to be part of your world and share along with your Mum and Dad's journey. I reckong Dad will be a bit wonky and your Mum will definitely have some bad days and there is no getting around it, we will all have to pray and lend positive thoughts. In the meantime its great that you are also maintaining immediate family focus. Keep up the good work.

Frances said...

Your parents will both be in my prayers.